Chakra is a sanskrit word which means energy spiral, the ancient mystics knew about the nature of reality and understood that this Universe is not made up of matter but of a collection of quantum particles vibrating at a very high speed.
These energy centres of your body should be open and flowing to live your highest human potential. If these are blocked, inactive or overactive in some way they will lead to a manifestation of physical, emotional and psychological diseases in the body.
There are 8 major chakras in the body, from bottom to top:
1. The Root Chakra: Resonates with the base of the spine and is mainly focussed on your survival and security on the planet Earth.
2. The Sacral Chakra: Corelates with the sexual organs of the body and resonates with the sexuality, sensuality and the creativity that we possess.
3. The Solar Plexus Chakra: This chakra relates to the pancreas and is our main energy centre, it is like the central sun of our body. This resonates with the self power, the confidence and motivation that we possess.
4. The Heart Chakra: This is the chakra of unconditional love, non-duality and acceptance. Resonating with the thymus gland, it is the most important chakra of the body and is our connection with each other and with our soul.
5. The Etheric Heart Chakra: This chakra also corelates with the thymus gland like the heart chakra and mainly regulates our intent of speech.
6. The Throat Chakra: This is overlaid on the thyroid gland and is responsible for our creative communication and expression.
7. The Third Eye Chakra: This chakra resonaes with the pituitary gland and is the main centre of our imagination, our intuition and our ability to see the bigger picture.
8. The Crown Chakra: This chakra is at the top of our head and is the largest chakra, it resonates with the pineal gland and connects us to the higher spiritual energies and powers. It is our connection with our spirit guides and soul group families.